Shepherd Bend Mine
Shepherd Bend Mine Subpages:
To watch a 2-minute video summarizing the issue, click here.
1. Please help us pressure the University of Alabama not to lease or sell their land and minerals for coal mining directly across the river from a water intake facility serving water to 200,000 citizens in the greater Birmingham area. Contact UA leaders:
We encourage citizens to relay their concerns about the mine by phone to the UA System’s Chancellor, Mr. Ray Hayes: (205) 348-5861 and to UA’s President, Dr. Stuart Bell: (205) 348-5100.
Concerned citizens should also email the UA System leaders: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; President@uab.edu; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Rachel.email@example.com; Julie.Lindsey@governor.alabama.gov; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
We also encourage citizens, organizations, and businesses to write letters to UA System Trustees and to the UA System’s Chancellor, Mr. Ray Hayes and UA’s President, Dr. Stuart Bell:
Chancellor Ray Hayes
The University of Alabama System
500 University Blvd E.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401-1551
Click here for a sample letter to Chancellor Hayes.
Dr. Stuart Bell
President, The University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
2. Write letters to the editor of your local paper.
3. Contact your elected officials.
4. Sign the Change.org Petition on Shepherd Bend: Click here
5. Sign American Rivers’ Most Endangered Rivers Petition on Shepherd Bend: Click here